don’t save as jpeg
as a former yearbook editor and designer, let me explain this further
if youre only planning on posting your art online, them please save it as .png ;this is also better for transparencies as well
please, if youre planning of printing your art, NEVER use png. it makes the quality of the image pretty shitty. use jpeg or pdf instead. and always set your work at 300dpi to get a better printing quality - this means, the images are crisper and sharper and theres no slight blurriness. i had a talk with my friend who is currently taking design, and pdf is much better to use when youre working with a bigger publishing company because it still has the layers intact, but if youre only planning on printing your stuff at staples or at some small publishing store, the jpeg is the way to go.
this has been a public service announcement
Aww shoot. I upload all of the 4koma as .jpeg. I mean, every panel is pretty big and since they come in a set of 5, I want them to load without putting too much of a strain on people’s internet. I do upload the fillers as .png, since they’re just single photos. What do you guys think, though?
Finally, the time has come to start a new mission! This mission is Project Catalyst Dai, a project that intends to help out OCs, new members of the community that don’t know where to start and people facing low-traffic and losing interest for it!
The project can be seen in the link above and the “What is Project Dai Catalyst?” button in the main blog page. Long story short, this blog retains its original intent: Everybody’s favorite shady little businesswoman, crack Daiyousei, and her shady crew, are out in the mission to spread smiles (maybe) across the acres of Gensokyo! But those aren’t the only smiles Daiyousei seeks this time around, no! She is also, unknown to her, in a mission to help people bring out and showcase their potential, and these people are none other than RP blog owners! The main plan is to conduct “mini-threads” with people in need of help that are especially designed to give the spotlight to your character and let you show prospective new RP partners details about them, backstories, abilities, quirks and an endless myriad of other things that you, our client, is encouraged to show off! That way, you will be able to show things that maybe are hard to show normally and you may end up even fleshing out your character even more and coming up with new headcanons!
The other purpose of this is to help volunteer artists earn experience and notoriety by illustrating interactions or making icons and avatars for the OCs and other blogs that might need them. Please do read the Artist/Art Blog section to see how this will work, as it is designed so people don’t come here trying to abuse the goodwill and free time of volunteering artists.
— HOW IT WILL WORK FOR RP BLOGS —
- The Helper (that is, the RPer affiliated with the Project as “staff”) and the Client (that is, you, the blogs we wish to provide the tools to) will plan a mini-thread through the private channel of their choice.
- The Helper, an experienced writer and RPer, will read the Client’s About page, as well as Headcanons, Relationships and other such helpful pages, if they exists, and will conduct the aforementioned planning with the Client, in which they will be asked what are their priorities in their minithread, what things they want to show off and put emphasis on showcasing, with what importance and what the nature of the RP they want to conduct is.
- With all this information, the Helper will be able to select the appropriate character/muse for the job and will be able to plan the thread to perfectly fit the specifications. Clients should consider the Helpers the “ultimate RP wingman”, as they will help the Client’s character shine.
- Then the minithread will begin and all you have to do is follow the general scheme that was planned and showcase your wonderful character/OC!
— HOW IT WILL WORK FOR ARTISTS/ART BLOGS —
- All blogs involved in the project will be listed in a separate page that will be found in the main page of the Project blog.
- In here, they will be listed with statuses such as “No icons”, “No avatar”, “No illustration”, etc.
- Artists wishing to volunteer for the Project will check here and pick what they want to do and for whom.
- This way, we quell potential people that only join the project for the sake of free art at the expense of the helpers and the artists involved. The Artists will pick what they want to do and when they want to, since the main priority of the Project when it comes to artists is, just as it is with RP blogs, to help them get experience and notoriety, with the involved RP blogs obtaining icons, avatars and etc. being a very welcome side effect more than a feature.
— HOW WILL THE MINITHREADS WORK —
- Aside from the things mentioned in the first section, we feel it’s only right to state that this Project blog, while obviously having Daiyousei as the forefront, will not use Daiyousei exclusively.
- The reason is that this is less a muse blog and more a “GM” blog, as different client characters that wish to showcase different things must be met with a compatible character. For this purpose, Helpers are encouraged to not only stick to one character and to plan the situation beyond simple interaction.
- As a Client, you will find that we will pick the character(s) from our end that we feel might bring out the things you wish to showcase much better and with more potency.
- All of this, of course, taking in consideration that Helpers and Clients plan things together.
For now, that’s it! The Project will be updated constantly so as to let everyone know what the open number of slots is, as well as updating the available pages in the blog with various aids, FAQs and checklists, such as help when starting a blog and the basic steps one should take in search of improving and making it more presentable!
Any questions? Feel free to ask away!
We would appreciate if this could be signal boosted across the community, as that will make it easier for blogs, both RP or Art, that wish to participate and get help from us to reach us, as well as it will make it easier for us to scout prospective blogs and newcomers that might want a helping hand.
If you wish to affiliate with us as an artist or to enroll in the project for a minithread, send an ask with the specifics and we will get back to you! Helpers are hand-picked, so please do not offer to be a Helper.
Now, let’s get this show on the road!